Here’s a quick and easy recipe for making your own coconut yogurt!
This recipe is dairy-free, and you’ll know exactly what’s in it. How awesome is that?
Ingredients and equipment:
Canned full-fat coconut milk
I use the Native Forest brand because it is certified organic and the can isn’t lined with BPA, but any type should work! Using canned milk as opposed to the large cartons is necessary because it isn’t as watered down, so your yogurt can have an actual yogurt consistency!
Any type will work, as long as you can take apart the capsules to access the powder form. I usually use one Garden of Life capsule and one Natural Factors capsule. That way, I get a variety of probiotic strains which all help in different ways!
32oz Mason Jar with lid, Can Opener, Mixing Bowl with pour spout (and a fork or whisk!)
- Shake cans, rinse off tops and open.
- Pour into bowl.
- Open 1 probiotic capsule per can of milk and pour powder into milk.
- Mix well with fork or whisk.
- Pour into the mason jar.
- Place lid gently on top of mason jar so dust won’t enter, but air can get out.
- Place jar in a cupboard or other place it won’t be disturbed.
- After 24 hours, give it a quick stir and put it back in its spot.
- After 48 hours, stir again, secure lid, and place in fridge to cool.
- Enjoy with berries, fruit, smoothies, granola, or whatever else you can think of! (More recipes and ideas to come!)
After doing this process one time, you can use a small amount of the finished yogurt to start your next batch. Just mix about 1/4 cup into the coconut milk and repeat the steps for mixing every 24 hours!
**It will taste sour because the probiotics have eaten the sugars. Adding some sweetener like Stevia or Xylitol neutralizes it a bit!
Recipe from C&J Nutrition on Youtube! Check them out.